Japan Airlines is introducing special handling for passengers carrying bicycles from Australia to Japan.
Details are as follows.
Until 31 March 2020 (based on departure date from Australia)
Passengers departing from Australia, including those using award tickets.
*Passengers transiting Australia from other countries are NOT applicable.
JL771/JL772/JL773/JL774 and JAL domestic flights connecting to/from these flights.
The excess baggage charge for the SIZE of the bicycle will be waived as detailed in the following section.
Excess baggage charges will NOT be waived for WEIGHT or number of PIECES that are in excess of the permitted allowance, nor for size in excess of the waiver shown below.
ALLOWANCE OF BICYCLE PACKING BOX
Size: Within 250cm (99 inches) which is the sum of the 3 dimensions of the box
Max Length: 140cm (55 inches)
Max Height: 80cm (32 inches)
Max Width: 30cm (12 inches)
Max Weight: 32kg
*32kg is the maximum permitted for any single piece of baggage under Australian regulations.
- 1) Remove air from the tyres
- 2) Remove the pedals
- 3) Secure the handlebar to the frame in parallel
- 4) If the total length exceeds 140cm (55 inches), remove the front wheel and place it in the box secured with the rear wheel.
- 5) Electric bicycles and motorcycles are not permitted.
- 6) The passenger must sign the Limited Release Tag certifying that the bicycle is packed and properly protected.
To page top